Le Méridien Abu Dhabi is committed to integrating leadership environmental practices and sustainability principles into its business strategy.
In 2009, the hotel formed a Green Council to oversee the Starwood's environmental initiative execution, communication and management of reporting as well as to propose ideas and solutions on how to make our hotel more sustainable.
The Green Council efforts were recognized by the Starwood Europe, Africa and Middle East Journey Awards and were awarded the Environmental Sustainability Award for 2 consecutive years in 2011 and 2012.
In order to strengthen our commitment, the hotel implemented and was hence awarded one of the most prestigious eco-labels: the Green Key in January 2013.
Green Key is an eco label certification program for tourism and leisure organizations that intends to increase the awareness of the guests, associates, owners and stakeholders of their potential for action towards environmental and sustainability issues. Green Key also pursues Environmental preservation and Economical management strategies by the reduction of the environmental impact of each establishment leading to reduction in consumption and reduction in costs consequently.
We aim now to further strengthen our commitment by taking responsibility broader than our hotel and by encouraging and involving our guests, suppliers and partners in achieving our finest environmental goals and targets.
How Can You Contribute?
- You may participate in the hotel Make a Green Choice program as outlined in the MAGC door hanger card,
- General waste bins and recycling bins for paper and plastic are available in your room and hotel public areas. By sorting the waste, you may help us in minimizing the hotel waste that goes to the landfill,
- You may switch off the lights or electrical appliances when not in use or upon leaving the room. Please note that electricity turns off automatically when the room key card is removed from the main switch,
- In case of any water leak in the bathroom, you may dial “0” and report the same to the hotel Guest Service Center Agent who will arrange to fix the problem with one of our Engineering associates,
- In order to reduce the environmental impact of transportation within the Abu Dhabi area, we encourage you to use the public transportation system or to rent a bike in the Abu Dhabi Corniche area. You may consult our Concierge for further information about the local public transport timetable.
Le Méridien Abu Dhabi is a Green Key Hotel, please find HERE the Green Key certificate.
We thank you in advance for your contribution and we wish you a relaxing and enjoyable time at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi.
Le Méridien Abu Dhabi